Thursday 7 January 2016

NATIONAL OPEN ART COMPETITION RESIDENCY, ROYAL COLLEGE OF ART OCT 2015

 My book on sale

   

 

 




NATIONAL OPEN ART COMPETITION (NOA) RESIDENCY AT ROYAL COLLEGE OF ART 2015


In October 2015 I had the honour to be one of the 6 artists in residency (AIR) for NOA, in the Gulbenkian Gallery of the Royal College of Art, London, the first of a series of touring exhibitions around the country.


My proposal was an in-situ work, intimate and ephemeral that invited the public to get in and explore. I also wanted to respond to my own research of landscape representation.


Using remnants from my large format charcoal drawings I created an immersive paper landscape. This installation used the apparent simplicity and whiteness of paper. It was also a complex structure: made of giant leaves cut-outs, folded and crumbled that create a volume that can be penetrated. Once inside this landscape, the visitor could explore and discover another one: a miniature landscape. The co-existence of two landscape representations at different scales aims to encourage different sensory approaches towards landscape.






















No comments:

Post a Comment